(1) ALLEGED STABBING.
MAN OF COLOUR DISCHARGED., published in the Croydon Express And Norwood, Penge, and Mitcham Mercury., SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 1908, page 2.
(2) “SHIELDING HER MAN”,
Judge’s Comment On Injured Woman’s Evidence, published in the Hackney Gazette AND NORTH LONDON ADVERTISER, No. 12,173, WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 14 1949, page 1.
(3) Coloured Men Win Assault Appeal, published in the Birmingham Post & Birmingham Gazette, Wednesday, July 18, 1962, page 11.
(4) ARGUMENT OVER A TAXI FARE
Nigerian’s Plea Is Upheld, published in The Westminster and Paddington News, July 2, 1965, page 5.
(5) MAN CLEARED OF KILLING STAKE-OUT Pc, by Phil Banner, published in the Evening Mail, (LATE NIGHT FINAL), April 4, 1990, page 11.
(6) Man cleared of murder, published in the Asian Times, No. 905, October 3, 2000, page 5.
(7) Assizes were abolished by the Courts Act, 1971; their criminal jurisdiction was transferred to the new Crown Courts.
(8) PRO ASSI 36/474.
(9) Except when blacks address each other as nigger, of course.
(10) Not murder - self defence, says jury WEST INDIAN CLEARED, published in the HERTS ADVERTISER
ST. ALBANS and GENERAL Edition, No. 5,790, FRIDAY, JULY 16, 1965, page 1.
(11) PRO ASSI 13/713. Post mortem photographs are included in the file.
(12) Man who killed in park is set free
HE STRUCK RESCUER IN FIGHT AFTER GAME OF FOOTBALL, published in the Birmingham Evening Mail and DESPATCH, (LATE NIGHT FINAL), No. 31,062, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 1965, page 11.
(13) Stabbed 25 times just for his mobile phone
MAN LEFT IN COMA FOR FOUR DAYS AFTER FRENZIED ATTACK DESCRIBES HIS ORDEAL, by Justin Davenport, published in the Evening Standard, (WEST END FINAL), March 4, 2003, page 15.